Attractions - Morlea Guest House
Llandudno theatre - venue cymru
Venue Cymru is a theatre, conference centre and arena in Llandudno, Conwy county borough, North Wales. Formerly known as the Aberconwy Centre and the North Wales Theatre and Conference Centre, is now a large arts, conference and events venue
Great Orme Tramway
The Great Orme Tramway is a cable-hauled 3 ft 6 in gauge tramway in Llandudno in north Wales. This is Great Britain's only remaining cable-operated street tramway and one of few surviving in the world
Llandudno's classic crescent bay falls naturally between the Limestone outcrops of the Little and Great Orme, and being geographically ideal, it was to become one of the few Victorian seaside towns to be specifically built for its holiday potential. The whole resort is a wonderful example of early town planning, with Llandudno Pier and the Grand Hotel being an integral part of the design. Commissioned by the Llandudno Pier Company, the design was by Charles Henry Driver in conjunction with James Brunlees, engineer. Llandudno Pier took just over a year to construct, opening to the public in 1878. The design of the pier is unusual in that instead of a normal straight neck projecting from the shore, Llandudno Pier has a 45-degree turn roughly a third of the way along its length.
Great Orme copper mines
Uncovered in 1987 during a scheme to landscape an area of the Great Orme, the copper mines discoveredrepresent one of the most astounding archaeological discoveries of recent times. Dating back 4,000 years to the Bronze Age they change our views about the ancient people of Britain and their civilized and structured society 2,000 years before the Roman invasion.Over the past 28 years mining engineers, cavers and archaeologists have been slowly uncovering more tunnels and large areas of the surface landscape to reveal what is now thought to be the largest prehistoric mine, so far discovered in the world.
Plas Mawr Elizabethan Town House
At the heart of Medieval Conwy stands Plas Mawr, the "Great Hall", built between 1576 and 1585 for the Welsh merchant, Robert Wynn. This richly decorated building is an architectural gem, possibly the best preserved Elizabethan townhouse in Great Britain. It dominates the town of Conwy with its gatehouse, stepped gables and lookout tower. This "worthy plentiful house" is especially noted for the quality and quantity of its ornamental plasterwork, now fully restored to its original splendour. Plas Mawr's authentic period atmosphere is further enhanced by furnishings, many original to the house, based on an inventory of the contents in 1665.The interior with its elaborately decorated plaster ceilings and fine wooden screens, reflects the wealth and influence of the Tudor gentry in Wales.